Kelly Community Federal Credit Union | Banks
Kelly Community Federal Credit Union is a federally chartered credit union serving the people of Smith County, Texas. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, volunteers, or attends school in Smith County, as well as their family members.
Like all credit unions, we are a not-for-profit financial institution owned and operated by our members. We call them our member-owners, and they are what distinguish us from other types of financial institutions. Our member-owners deposit their money into a variety of savings accounts, and that money is used to make loans to other members. After operating expenses and reserve requirements are met, remaining income is returned to member-owners in the form of dividends and enhanced products or services.
Our credit union is governed by a Board of Directors who are members of the credit union and elected by the membership at large. The Board of Directors establishes and reviews credit union policies. We are regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government, which insures deposits up to $250,000.
Kelly Community FCU is a full-service financial institution, more than 8,200 members strong, with $84 million in assets and three locations. Our mission is to provide quality and fairly-priced financial services for all of our member-owners.
Financial Services provided by Kelly Community Federal Credit Union are available to:
- Anyone who lives, works, worships, volunteers, or attends school in Smith County, Texas.
- Immediate family members of anyone who is eligible to join.
To Join Kelly Community Federal Credit Union:
- Complete a Membership Application at any of our branch offices with proof of membership eligibility. Everyone who joins the credit union must open a Share Savings Account. This account establishes your credit union membership and must remain open as long as you are a credit union member.
- Deposit at least $25 into your Share Savings Account. A minimum balance of $25 must remain in the account as long as you are a credit union member. You will continue to earn interest on the balance in your account.
- Pay a one-time membership fee of $10.