UTHSCT and Potpourri House to host free seminar, dinner Oct. 11 | Health
How likely are you to develop breast cancer? What are some practical steps you can take to lower your risk of developing breast cancer, the second most common cancer among women?
You can have your questions answered at “Breast Cancer: Do You Know Your Personal Risk Factors?” a free seminar at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012, at the Potpourri House, 3320 Troup Hwy in Tyler.
The “Dine with our Doctors” seminar is sponsored by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and will include a free dinner.
With more than 20 years of experience in breast cancer research and treatment, presenter Edward Sauter, MD, Ph.D., knows that the key to surviving breast cancer is understanding your personal risk factors and how to lower them.
Dr. Sauter, a cancer surgeon and director of UTHSCT’s Cancer Treatment and Prevention Center, focuses on the prevention and early detection of breast cancer.
He has been on the frontlines of improving breast cancer survival rates by educating women about how to reduce their chances for developing this serious disease.
The seminar is free but seating is limited. For reservations, please call (903) 877-7147.
PotpourriHouse.com for details on menu and directions.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Student safety concerns prompt ETX apartment renovations
- Arrest affidavit reveals details surrounding East Texans' solicitation of a minor charge
- Tyler's second emergency warning test this month
- Breast cancer patient: 'I'm facing my new reality. I'm a survivor.'
- Man arrested for theft of metal parts in Smith County
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man shares Abercrombie & Fitch clothing with homeless
- Liberty Hall welcomes singer, songwriter and author David Berkeley
- Hospice East Texas named as Prestigious 2013 HOSPICE HONORS recipient
- Registration opens for kids summer drama camp at Liberty Hall
- Lone Star chefs asked to 'go local' during Go Texan Restaurant Roundup